Joining the NYC Allergy Doctor practice in 2009, Columbia-trained Dr. Ama Alexis is board certified by both the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Allergy/Immunology. Dr. Alexis treats both pediatric and adult patients.
• Medical School – Heinrich-Hein University, Dusseldorf, Germany
• Columbia University- Morgan Stanley Childrens Hospital of NY Presbyterian
• North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
• Saint Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center
• Bellevue Hospital Center
• The American Board of Allergy and Immunology
• The American Board of Pediatrics
• American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
• American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
• American Academy of Pediatrics
• American Medical Association
• Joint Council of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
Allergies, like many family traits are passed across generations. Having one doctor trained to treat adults and children can be be an important factor in obtaining the best medical care for all members of your family. A family allergist is specially trained to treat both adults and children in a manner beneficial to both types of patients, adult and pediatric.
As a specialist in pediatric and adult medical fields, Dr. Alexis treats asthma, nasal allergies, hives, sinus problems, eczema, contact dermatitis, food allergies and sensitivities, drugs and insect bites as well as recurrent infections.
Feel free to contact Dr. Alexis at 866-632-5537 to arrange a consultation. Bring your families’ allergy, asthma and a sinus concern to an experienced Family Allergist for the best in care and treatment.